Important: Face-to-face registration will only remain open till the 6th of July. This was reopened due to popular request – however, it will close soon, due to catering deadlines. Thus please register asap if you intend to come in person. (Online registration will continue to be available throughout the conference).
This year, the 23rd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED 2022) and the 15th International Conference on Educational Data Mining (EDM 2022) will operate in hybrid mode. Online and physical presentations will be streamed, with most of the activities being setup to enhance the experience for face-to-face interaction.
AIED and EDM 2022 conference organisers seek to foster an accessible and inclusive conference. In recognition to the varying abilities to pay that AIED and EDM 2022 attendees have, we have instituted a tiered pricing program to accommodate different financial needs. Our specific aim was to keep student non-author fees as low as possible, to allow students to access these important conferences for their development as researchers in our community.
In addition, this year the AIED and EDM conferences will be collocated. Participants that register for both conferences will receive a special discount to all rates.
Before you start your registration, please read through the following important information:
- At least one unique author of accepted papers must register for the conference under an author rate by the 31st of May (extended deadline), either online or face-to-face. If you have difficulty or experienced delay in registering as an author, please contact [email protected] asap. If a paper has several co-authors who will also attend, they can register as non-authors.
- Early registration deadline for everyone else (non-authors) is the 31st May.
- The student rate is available only to those who have student status at the time of the conference.
- The reduced rate for Society members is only available to EDM/AIED Society members.
- The International AI in education (IAIED) Society will support individuals who would otherwise not be able to attend the AIED2022 conference. See more information here.
- Recordings of sessions, chats, questions, and answers will be captured during the conference for later viewing. By registering for this event, you are granting permission to record your presentations, comments and questions during sessions.
- One registration covers one participant.
- Each registration is strictly personal and must not be transferred to another person.
- Onsite registration will be available.
- Refund of registration cost is not permitted.
Conference registration rates
*Full face-to-face registration includes event registration, access to all papers, all main conference sessions, all workshops, doctoral consortium, conference pack, refreshments and lunches, welcome reception, poster & drink reception, conference dinner, online conferencing system and online events (posters and social), as well as access to online recordings of the talks. Registration also includes a 1-year membership of the respective Society (e.g. the AIED Society for the AIED conference).
**Society Member registration includes event registration, access to all papers, all main conference sessions, all workshops, doctoral consortium, conference pack, refreshments and lunches, welcome reception, poster & drink reception, conference dinner, online conferencing system and online events (posters and social), as well as access to online recordings of the talks.
***Online registration includes event registration, online conferencing system and online events (hybrid talks, posters and social); access to online recording of the talks.
Workshops are included in all registrations above. We strongly recommend especially students to attend all events. The options below are for people attending workshops only.
*Online workshop registration includes event registration, online conferencing system and online events (hybrid talks, posters and social), as well as access to online recordings of the talks.
**Face-to-face workshop registration for the 27th of July includes event registration, all workshops on the day (EDM, AIED), doctoral consortium on the day (EDM, AIED), Alan Turing Event, conference pack, refreshments and lunches, online conferencing system and online events (main conference events, posters and social).
***Face-to-face workshop registration for the 31st of July includes event registration, all workshops on the day (AIED), conference pack, refreshments and lunches, online conferencing system and online events (main conference events, posters and social).
Social events rates
In addition to the regular conference activities, the following social events will take place (please note Dinners (at the Hatfield College – Durham University or the University College – Durham University) are already included in the Face-to-Face registration package, other events are bookable through the registration web page – see more info on Durham Cathedral, Botanic Garden, Beamish Museum):
Conference attendants will have the option to book their accommodation (via the registration site) at Durham University’s John Snow College, which is located within walking distance from the conference venue.
For participants preferring other accommodation, hotels that are within 1 mile from Durham University can be found here.
To register, please use link below. Some explanation about the fields:
- If you are registering for a Workshop, please use the ‘Paper Number*’ field to write the workshop you are registering for. E.g., if you are registering for the AIED Intelligent Textbooks workshop, you will write: ‘AIED – Intelligent Textbooks’. If you have already registered for the conference and would like to participate in a workshop, you can notify [email protected] to add this information to your registration.
- The ‘Paper Number*’ field is for Authors or Workshop Authors/Participants (see above) only: add your EasyChair paper number, with your conference. E.g., if you are registering for an EDM paper with EasyChair number 12345 and title “Title” you would write ‘EDM:12345: Title’. If you are both registering for a workshop and are an author at the main conference, then add both sets of information.
- Please add your Society Membership in the field ‘Member of the following Society/Societies’ (e.g. if you’re AIED member, you would add ‘AIED’; if you’re both EDM and AIED member, you’d add ‘EDM, AIED’).
Registration : Book your place for AIED, EDM here – Durham University
Any queries about the registration process can be directed to [email protected] to Judith Williams and Thomas Ludlow.