Joint Call for Workshops and Tutorials
AIED 2022 and EDM 2022 workshops and tutorials are designed to provide an opportunity for the in-depth discussion of current and emerging topics of interest to the AIED and EDM communities. We encourage workshop and tutorial proposals that bring together people working on new and developing research topics that favor highly interactive discussions. Those proposing a workshop or tutorial should provide information on why the proposal is of interest to the AIED or EDM community, and why a workshop or tutorial on this topic is beneficial. Workshops and tutorials that take into account the themes of AIED 2022 and EDM 2022 are especially encouraged. Specifically, topics related to bridging the gap between academia, business, and non-profit in preparing future-proof generations towards ubiquitous AI or discussing inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA) in EDM research and practice, will be considered favourably.
Workshop and tutorial proposals should be of 2-4 pages, and should include the following components:
- Length: full or half-day
- Names, short biographies, and contact information of workshop or tutorial chair(s)
- List of program/organising committee members
- Proposed timeline for announcing a call for the workshop and paper acceptance, if relevant
- Content and themes
- Relevance and importance to the AIED or EDM communities
- Format and activities (e.g., paper presentations, discussions, demos, panels, invited speakers, or tutorial)
- Expected target audience and expected maximum number of participants.
- Previous editions of the workshop series or tutorials, if applicable.
- Potential solicitation plans for funding (External funding is not required for acceptance).
- Accepted workshop and tutorial proposals will be invited to write a summary of their event for the proceedings.
Submissions and questions should be directed to workshop chairs:
- Angela Stewart, Carnegie Mellon University ([email protected])
- Ning Wang, University of Southern California ([email protected])
- Srecko Joksimovic, University of South Australia ([email protected])
- Steven Bradley, Durham University ([email protected])
Please check the dates page.
Workshop and tutorial chairs will provide a one-page summary of their workshop and tutorial that will be included in the main conference proceedings.
- AIED 2022 EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aied2022
- EDM 2022 EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=edm22